Route Sales Driver Trainee will be trained and assessed on the below:
- Deliver product to customers in an efficient, timely, courteous and accurate manner.
- Ensure that all accounts are maintained according to the published schematics.
- Load or unload cases of product manually with hook, handcart or pallet-jack onto and off the truck. Ensure load is properly secured. Collect empty cases.
- Stock and/or rotate product on shelves or in cold room.
- Maintain a valid Class B CDL and current DOT medical card. Per Company and/or DOT regulations, report any moving violations to management immediately.
- Checks load security prior to travel and at each stop, making adjustments when needed.
- Know and comply with all Department of Transportation regulations per the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations handbook.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
- Follow all required work safe practices. This would include wearing of all required PPE in designated areas, confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall restraints, etc.
- Responsible for food safety, pre-requisite programs and food quality related to designated area. Report any food safety and food quality related issues to management immediately.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Must be able to drive, stand, walk, kneel, lift and bend required for virtually the entire shift. Balance - pulling product, climb in and out of truck. Ability to lift and/or move up to six cases on hand truck. (cases weigh 20 to 55 lbs.).
- Must be able to work in indoor and outdoor environment with moderate noise, sometimes slippery floors. Temperature range from 34-120 degrees F.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including overtime, weekends and holidays.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must possess and maintain a Class B CDL.
- Must have a clean driving record.
- Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens (including drug, background and criminal checks)